Help Center Type your question Or Choose a category to find the help you need
How do I install an External Base Station for my Robomow RC?
At a corner.
In this type of setup, the Base Station is located at one of the corners of the lawn, as shown in the figure below:
- Choose a corner where you want to place the Base Station outside of the lawn area. Note that you should not place the Base Station within 3 m (10 ft.) of a corner.
- Place the Base Station so that its front side is touching the lawn edge or placed somewhat on the lawn.
- Continue to lay the perimeter wire as shown in the figure above, where it continues at least 10 cm (4”) beyond the Base Station and turns back towards the lawn at a distance of 10 cm (4”) from the other wire.
- The Base Station may be placed in a small shift to the right in order to allow smooth entry of the mower to the Base Station.
- You will have the opportunity to later adjust the Base Station position to confirm smooth entry.
Outside the lawn.
Note: For specific models, this can only be set through the Robomow App.
- Choose a place outside the lawn where you want Robomow to dock and charge.
- Confirm that the path between the lawn and the outside area is smooth with no height difference, so Robomow will not get stuck and will follow the wire smoothly.
- The surface between the lawn and the Base Station should be hard (such as a sidewalk or rigid ground) and not sandy or stony, so Robomow will not slip or get stuck on it.
- The area between the lawn and the Base Station should be clear of obstacles and objects.
- Lay the wire as shown in the figure below:
- Narrow path of 50 cm (20”) width.
- Square Perimeter Island of 30 cm (12”) edges.
- Island starts 50 cm from the Perimeter Wire.
- Keep a distance of 10 cm (4”) between Perimeter Wire and the Island from both sides.
- The front of the Base Station should be placed a minimum distance of 1.5 m (5 ft.) from the Perimeter Wire, and NOT more than 4 m (13 ft.) from it.