This article contains the following sections:
During out of season months such as winter, it is required to:
- Fully charge the battery in the Base Station until the Battery indicator is green and lit constantly. Note that the Safety Switch should be in the ‘On’ position during charging.
LED indicators for charging:
- Red is lit constantly – Charge the battery.
- Green is blinking – During battery charging.
- Green is lit constantly – Battery is fully charged
- Remove Robomow from its Base Station. Turn the Safety Switch off and store the mower in a room temperature.
- If the mower is stored for more than 3 months, it is required to recharge the battery every three months until the Battery indicator shows it is fully charged.
The charging can be done in one of the following options:
- Place the mower in the Base Station for charging.
- Connect Robomow directly to the Power Box as follows:
- Disconnect the DC cable coming from the power box to the 15m extension cable, and connect it to the rear side of the mower.
- Once the season starts, (do not forget to switch On the Safety Switch), simply place Robomow in its Base Station to begin automatic operation.
Note: Always charge your mower in a horizontal position. The mower should be flat on the ground while connected to the power supply.
During out of season months, such as winter, it is required to:
1. fully charge the mower in one of the two following ways:
- In the Base Station.
- Directly from the Power Box (see below).
2. Remove the fuse from Robomow and store it in the designated cavity under the bumper door.
3. Store the mower at temperature higher than -10ºC.
Note! The Safety Switch should be in the ‘On’ position during charging.
If the robot is stored for more than 3 months, it is required to recharge the battery every 3 months until the battery indicator shows it is fully charged. You can recharge the battery through the Base Station, or by using the Base Station adapter as explained below.
Charging instructions using the Base Station adapter:
- Remove Robomow from its Base Station.
- Remove the Base Station Head (Charging Adaptor) by lifting the front lever up and pushing the Adaptor forward from behind the Base Station.
- Unplug the 20 m (65 ft.) Extension Cable and the Perimeter Wire from the Base Station Head.
- Place the cap at the end of the 20 m (65 ft.) Extension Cable and on the exposed connector to protect it from rain and corrosion. Also, cover the Perimeter Wire connector.
- Disconnect the DC Cable coming from the Power Box to the 20 m (65 ft.) Extension Cable. Connect the DC Cable directly to the DC socket on the bottom side of the Base Station Head.
Note: It is recommended (but not necessary) to charge the mower using the 20 m (65 ft.) Use an extension cable for better sealing of the Base Station Head during out-of-season charging.
Slide the Base Station Head pins into the front slot of Robomow.
Charging will begin immediately, and the LCD will display:
- When the Battery is fully charged, the Ready message will be displayed.
- Once the season starts, (do not forget to insert the fuse and switch On the Safety Switch), just place Robomow in its Base Station to begin automatic operation as the season before.
Important! Always charge your mower in a horizontal position. The mower should be flat on the ground while connected to the power supply.